Meet the Party…
Are you ready for the “After Party Experience”? We are not just a band, we are an experience…
The After Party Band is a high energy, professional dance/party cover band based in the DMV area that plays all the party covers you know and love!
The After Party Band plays more current chart topping hits than any other band. It’s like having Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, Lady Ga Ga, Michael Jackson, Sia, and all the top performers crash your party all at once playing the best top 40 pop and some rock of today and yesterday!
We keep crowds on their feet dancing leaving them wanting more! Our goal is to build long lasting quality relationships with venues that we play at!
We can custom tailor our song list to guarantee your guests and patrons will have a blast! Every performance is custom crafted to give you the ultimate party experience!
We bring the party with us…Besides the hype music, party stage lighting, and an electrifying stage show, we pass out glow in the dark / light up goodies to keep the crowd entertained for an interactive performance!
CRAIG – DRUMMER / BAND MANAGER
- Married to his Sole-mate, Kathy in 1999 that he met while playing the drums
- Founded the After Party Band in 2015
- Created and Designed this website
- Professional Wedding and Portrait Photographer
- Ex-Professional Bowler (PBA) with a 220 average / Certified Bowling Instructor
- BMX Freestyles (bike tricks) in free time
- Craig started playing the drums in 1987 and played in his first real working band at age 16 and playing in local bars at the age of 17.
- Craig has played in over thirteen different bands, including the Renegades where he received the Presidential Award from Bill Clinton for a private concert at the President’s Park in Washington DC.
- Full-time 'Real Job': Director of Infrastructure Operations at CSAAC, Community Services for Autistic Adults and Children - a nationally-recognized leader in developing state-of-the-art services for people with autism running the Facilities, IT, and Administrative Programs.
- Favorite Quotes: “There is no limit to what can be accomplished if it doesn't matter who gets the credit.” "Wine is just old fruit juice"
- Favorite Foods: • Anything that his wonderful wife cooks for him... She is an awesome CHEF! and Isabella's Taverna and Tapas
- Favorite Drinks:
- Red Wine
- Gummy Bear
- Miller Light
- Sex on the Beach
STEVE – LEAD GUITAR / MUSIC DIRECTOR
- Playing guitar for 24 Years
- Played in multiple local Cover and Original bands
- Over 20 years of experience in recording and live music production
- Guitar Influences:
- Joe Perry
- Music Influences:
- Anything that's make me want to drive my car way over the speed limit.
- Favorite Quote: "Tell me what will kill me and back it off a little"
- Favorite Food: Anything I don't have to cook
- Favorite Drink: Coca Cola on the rocks
FREDDY – MALE VOCALS / SAX
- Has enjoyed singing since childhood
- Started playing saxophone at 8yrs old
- Other Instruments: Guitar, Keyboard
- Has performed in many musical groups: band, wind ensemble, jazz, theater, gospel choir, a capella
- Day Job: Music Teacher
- Venues I was honored to perform at: Blues Alley (DC), Apollo Theater (NY), Bethesda Blues and Jazz (MD)
- Music Influences: John Legend, Jason Mraz, Stevie Wonder, Journey
- Favorite Food: Pizza
- Favorite Drink: Milkshakes
- Favorite Cocktail: Royal Flush
- Favorite Quote: ‘Be the change that you wish to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi
KELLY – FEMALE VOCALS
- Been singing since she was a wee child
- Learned to sing by blasting Mariah Carey, Whitney Huston and Freddy Mercury in her bedroom and singing along at the top of her lungs
- Sang in the madrigals choir throughout high school
- Studied as a voice major at Montgomery College
- Works as a bartender and an Uber driver as a “day job”
- Lived in Austin TX for 4 years to experience the music and the culture “Keep Austin Weird”
- Favorite food : Chipotle
- Favorite drink : Old Fashioned
- Favorite quote : “I’m no hero, I put my bra on one boob at a time like everyone else” Tina Belcher Bob’s burgers
RICK – KEYBOARDS / BACKUP VOCALS
- Professionally trained, Rich has been taking music lessons for most of his life.
- He has a BA in Music from James Madison University (go Dukes!)
- Rich is a versatile musician. List of playable instruments includes:
- Flute, piccolo, french horn, and mellophone (look it up).
- Rich has played in many groups, including symphonic bands, guitar ensembles, marching bands, musicals, and rock bands.
- In his free time, Rich is an avid gamer with a Twitch stream and a Youtube channel
- Real job: Audio visual technician in the DMV area.
- Favorite drink: hard cider.
KURT – BASS
- Kurt is the the newest member of The AP and provides that killer bass / bottom end to help keep you on the dance floor!
KATHY – BAND AMBASSADOR
- Married to her soulmate, Craig in 1999 that she met at one of his gigs
- Helped hubby with developing the concept of this band
- Amazing chef (hubby said so) and loves to cook for family and the band
- Ex-Gymnast and was on her way to the big times before stopping
- Full-time 'Real Job': Program Specialist at NIH (National Institutes of Health)
- Favorite Type Of Movies – horror and anything creepy
- Favorite Thing to Do: Playing the new Friday the 13th Game (running like hell to survive from Jason or playing Jason and slashing counselors)
- Favorite Foods: Bacon and Breakfast and enjoys fine dining with her honey!
- Has a very detailed vampire book collection, as well as every card in the old garbage-pail-kid collection!
- Loves rainy/stormy days
- Loves writing in journals about unsolved mysteries
- Favorite Drinks:
- Red Wine
- Blue Caribbean
- Deep Eddy Lemon on the Rocks!
- Favorite Ice Cream: Peanut butter soft serve on a cone with sprinkles on top
- Favorite Snack: Chips and Dip!